How to Access Services / Information About Insurance and Fees
How to start the process
- Contact Dr. Franco by completing the intake form on his page or by email
- Within the email state your interest: high stakes testing, therapy/counseling, ADHD evaluation, letters of support, etc.
- Provide a good time to reach you by phone or provide your email address
- If you are using Aetna or Anthem Blue Cross for evaluation services - pre-approval for an evaluation will be necessary and will require some initial information from you to start the process
- If you are using insurance other than Aetna or Anthem Blue Cross (Out of Network) - no pre-approval is necessary and we will work out the copay, deductible, and an invoice with the proper codes to assist your reimbursement from your insurance provider upon full payment. All fees are paid at the time of service.
- If confidentiality is a concern - we can discuss private pay as an option. Private pay means you pay out of pocket and insurance is not involved. [Keep in mind we accept credit card payment for any services provided if you need to pay overtime]
- Dates will be scheduled that work for both your and Dr. Franco's calendar.
- When scheduling an evaluation, you will be provided with an intake form link (via email) to complete prior to your attendance to help expedite the process.
- If scheduling an evaluation, a review of the results (face to face) with the client is always included along with a final written report that will be forwarded to you. Written reports generally require two to three weeks to develop so please plan accordingly if you have a deadline for the final report.
- Other letters, forms and documentation requests: Letters and forms will require a $25 payment and the documents will either be mailed or provided to you directly, whichever you prefer.
Insured Neuro/psychological Evaluation
Dr. Franco will be accepting new Psychotherapy Clients beginning in July of 2016 and is an Out of Network provider except for those covered by Aetna Insurance or Anthem Blue Cross. UC students covered by Anthem Blue Cross will need to secure a request for service form from the Tang Center and present that form at the time of their first meeting.
The best way to have your neuropsychological evaluation approved by your insurance provider (for payment) is if the referral is from your treating MD. If referred by your therapist or other provider the evaluation may or may not be approved. Be advised, it is rare for insurance companies to reimburse for psychoeducational testing (reading, writing, mathematics learning disability diagnostics). Our office will contact Aetna or Anthem Blue Cross to receive pre-approval for evaluations and you are responsible for any deductible and copay at the time of service.
Dr. Franco is accepting new private pay clients, beginning July 2016. Openings can fill quickly. If his schedule is full, other providers' names can be made available upon request.
Dr. Franco is currently accepting new testing clients, and offers a free initial phone consultation to determine what testing may be of benefit given your specific circumstances. Dr. Franco is an Out-of-Network provider with the exception of those insured by Aetna or Anthem Blue Cross.
If you are requesting the evaluation Out-of-Network, pre-approval is usually not necessary and we are willing to contact your insurance provider to verify they will cover reimbursement for a portion of the evaluation. All fees will be discussed and clarified prior to testing and fees paid each day of your evaluation.